Call? Raise? Fold? All-in? These are just the terms you always hear when playing poker. But what is poker? How do you play it? How do you win? This article will help you learn how to play poker online. Thus, provide a step-by-step guide on how to win poker.
Poker is a card game in which players bet or wage over which hand is best according to a set of rankings. If you want to learn how to play poker online, keep on reading.
Basics in Poker – Game and Rules
At the start of the poker game, the dealer gives every player two cards in the face-down position. If the player believes that his hand has a chance of winning, he places his bet at the table.
Moving in a clockwise direction, each succeeding player has three options to play. “Call” refers to the previous bet, “raise” for increase the previous bet, and “fold” to concede defeat. The betting round ends after all players have either called or folded.
In the event that all players folded except for one in a match, that last standing player collects the pot without revealing his hand. If more than one remains after the final betting round, a showdown of hands will determine the winner who will take all the pot.
Learn How To Play Poker Online
A hand in poker consists of five cards—two from the player and three from the table. Individual cards are ranked, from highest to lowest with Aces as the highest. It is arranged as A (Ace), K (King), Q (Queen), J (Jack), 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, and 2 for clearer visualization.
All players borrow three cards from the table that will form their highest-ranking hand. Now the hand rankings, from highest to lowest, are as follows:
- Royal flush: A, K, Q, J, 10 of the same suit
- Straight flush: five consecutive cards of the same suit
- Four of a kind or quads: four same cards of different suits and a kicker
- Full house: a triplet and a pair
- Flush: five non-consecutive cards of the same suit
- Straight: five consecutive cards, but different suits
- Three of a kind: triplet and two kickers
- Two pair: two pairs and a kicker
- Pair: a pair and three kickers
- High card: nothing
Tie-Breaker Rules in Basic Poker
To learn how to play poker online, you must know how the game works, especially when there are tiebreakers during your play. If players have similar hands of the same rank, the hands are further ranked as follows:
- Straight flush: ranked by the highest-ranking card; hands that differ in the suit are of equal rank
- Four of a kind: the quads are ranked first according to individual card rankings followed by the kicker
- Full house: triplets are ranked first followed by the pair
- Flush: flushes are ranked first by the rank of its highest-ranking card, followed by the second-highest-ranking card, and so on—flushes that have different suits but have the same highest-ranking card are of equal ranks
- Straight: ranked by the highest-ranking card
- Three of a kind: triplets are ranked first, followed by the highest-ranking kicker, and the lowest-ranking kicker—triplets that differ in suit are of equal rank
- Two pair: highest-ranking pair is ranked first, followed by the lowest-ranking pair, and the kicker—two pairs that differ in the suit are of equal rank
- Pair: pairs are ranked first followed by the kickers; pairs that differ in the suit are of equal rank
- High card: hands are ranked first by the highest-ranking card and so on
As for the rare times when there are two royal flushes, the players shall split the pot. There can be no tiebreaker in a royal flush.
Raise A Call If Your Poker Skills Unfolded Through W88you
Poker seems intimidating at first. But! Upon learning the gameplay, rules, and techniques about it, for sure, you would enjoy it! You may be a beginner right now, but every successful wager starts by being one, right? If you want to practice Poker, go to W88 now! It offers the best Poker games, so you would love it there. Happy gaming and responsible gambling!
Register a W88 Account and get premium access to Malaysia’s best online gaming operator for 2020. Always tune in W88you for more tips regarding your most favorite online betting sites!